Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wonderous wikis



'Wiki' was one of the few terms I recognised in the intial survey for this course but I still didn't realise how much I had to learn about this great tool. I think it's a great idea for encouraging collaboration and I'm going to help my husband set up a wiki for his English class. Wikis are a great way for getting people with a common interest together, like the Wookieepedia - go Star Wars fans! Or wikis can provide links to cater for particular needs, like the SJCPL subject guides. I liked exporing the Possible Next Generation catalogues - in particular, the Lexington Public Library catalogue which produces a mind-map for each search term- something I'm trying to encourage in the library with school kids and assignments.

I want to check out the NSW Learning2.0 wiki but can't seem to get an invite key - I emailed but have no response yet. I hope it comes because I haven't finished playing around with this concept yet and want to keep exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment